Cyber security has never had a more pivotal role to play in our society than it does today. GeoGuard is the global market-leader in the detection of location based fraud; protecting hundreds of millions of people and their devices every day. Working at the bleeding edge of technology, with Silicon Valley’s most famous names as our customers and partners, GeoGuard is seen as the best; and only want to hire the best.
On behalf of GeoGuard, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer/GeoGuard Shield Administrator to join our team.
As a DevOps Engineer/GeoGuard Shield Administrator on our team, you will be accountable for automating processes between software development and IT teams, performing deployment, monitoring, and maintaining our GeoGuard Shield systems to ensure the company’s backend infrastructure is running smoothly at all times. This person will work closely with the development team and service delivery and analytics team, maintaining open communication regarding servers, test environments, and advising on solutions.
The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of relevant experience, and has solid IT knowledge in the following software in the Linux ecosystem: Ubuntu, Nginx, MySQL, PHP, HAProxy, and Node.js. You have a good understanding of scripting and programming on Python and Bash.
You are able to, and enjoy, working in small collaborative teams and have good communication and interpersonal skills when working with developers. You have a great passion working in agile development process environments, and are a fast self-study and are quick in solving tasks.
Your key accountabilities and responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Planning for new infrastructure requirements and ensure automation scripts are adequately planned for and created
- Writing and maintaining guidelines outlining steps required to prepare and support the environments
- Configuration of networks and storage
- Monitoring GeoGuard Shield servers and applications
- Maintaining and troubleshooting GeoGuard Shield environments (development, staging, and production)
- Assisting with load testing
- Responding to outages related to the GeoGuard Shield DevOps team
- Collaborating with GeoGuard Shield development and analytics teams to troubleshoot software-related issues
- Day-to-day management of Jenkins setup – adding new jobs, supporting multiple plugins, making sure reserve copies are in place and are consistent in at all times
- Ongoing development of Docker containers for various purposes
- Continuously improving the products’ security, stability and optimization
Your skills & qualifications:
- 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace or Google Cloud Platform
- Competent and knowledgeable of monitoring and reporting tools such as Nagios
- Good experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with configuration management systems like Ansible
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with Docker
- Comprehensive knowledge of security and compliance is a plus
- Good communication skills and good written and spoken technical English enough to discuss issues with teams remotely
If you have what we are looking for and would love to join our team in Kharkiv, we want to hear from you! To apply, visit https://geoguard.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=8
This position is located in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
To learn more about us, please visit www.geoguard.com
We sincerely thank all applicants for applying; if we like what we see and feel you are a match for our position, we will be in touch.