Our French client, Adezio, specializes in accounting, audit, consulting and social law. They requested a modern user-friendly WordPress-based website to facilitate and promote their services.
The core of the logic for a new Adezio website had to be an accounting calculator, helping people to see the cost of the services. The initial requirements included:
- Creating a responsive public accounting site on top of WordPress CMS.
- Developing and attaching a user-friendly easy-to-use online calculator.
- Significant customization in addition to the selected WP theme.
During the project we ran into some difficulties of engaging in a dialogue with the enterprise, due to its multi-vectoral and cross-cultural character. In particular, the client’s choice of a fixed-price model in combination with incomplete initial requirements presented a major challenge.
Due to the scarcity of project details at the start and therefore evolving requirements, the most challenging part was providing an adequate estimation. The urgency of the project prompted our decision to start with an incomplete set of design mockups. So the first solutions had to be made intuitively, based solely on sketches. All of that made the pre-production stage extremely complicated and increased the project’s risks despite the apparent simplicity of the task.
We began with the design’s technical review. Our WP developer had a demanding task of aligning the heavily customised design to the logic of the chosen CMS. Working in close collaboration with an external UI designer, we significantly improved the initial sketches, keeping the project’s spirit.
Our basic task was to develop and design a user-friendly calculator that would enable Adezio clients to get quick estimates of the services they sought. The widget is initiated via the ‘Get a Quote’ button on the homepage and opens a four-step guide. This allows for specifying an end-user’s business and the type of assistance needed by simply switching through a number of selectors and eventually filling out a form. We also elaborated the calculator’s unique design.
Another requirement was to put special emphasis on explaining the collaboration process with the enterprise. We used a timeline metaphor on the homepage.
The rest of the web site represents marketing collateral related to the client’s services as well as relevant documentary resources.
After testing, we deployed the product on the client’s server (OVH).
- User-friendly and easy to navigate site due to Breadcrumb NavXT.
- Feature-rich page representation aided by Visual Composer, Gravity forms, ACF, Contact form 7, and other plugins.
- Considerable improvement of the information layout through the use of Carousel + Slider for Visual Composer.
- Extra security and anti-spam policy by CAPTCHA Plus.
- Responsive design and beautiful layout further enhanced by the use of Slider Revolution.
- Convenient management and storage of forms through CFDB, which automatically captures form submissions from various places on the site.
The requirements of the client were met in full. We produced an intuitive clear site with easy navigation and responsive design. The simple logic of using the calculator eliminates the need for tutorials and considerably reduces the users’ learning curve and effort. The client gave a resounding thumbs up. It was great to hear that, compared to similar solutions, ours, they felt, was by far the best! We have established fruitful cooperation with the client ever since.
WordPress + plugins (Visual Composer, Visual Composer in Sidebars Add-on, Gravity forms, Ultimate pack, Post Layout: Carousel + Slider for Visual Composer, Captcha plus, ACF, Revolution slider, Admin columns, Contact form 7, Breadcrumb NavXT, Custom Post Type UI, Contact Form DB), CSS3, HTML5, SASS (SCSS).
The latest browser versions by the time of finalizing development.
- For Windows 7/8/8.1: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome.
- For Mac OS X: Safari, Google Chrome.
Considering a similar solution? Don’t hesitate to contact us.