Skill Pill is a leading online learning provider, founded in 2007. Being a content partner with such global business publishers as Pearson Education, John Wiley and Kogan Page, Skill Pill produces engaging and impactful just-in-time learning and distributes it via mobile devices, tablets, and PCs. The formats range from succinct animated videos, infographics and support documents to mobile apps and social tools. There is also a digital partnership between Skill Pill and the world-class business school, London Business School.
The client requested a prompt mobile app solution. The design and all the image assets were provided by SkillPill at the beginning of the project.
According to the initial work order, we had to create an iOS-based application for iPad devices. Later, the client extended the specification. We got a request to build mobile applications for iOS and Android on top of the developed iPad app.
Serving its primary function of bridging the gap between PC and mobile or tablet access to online learning materials, the app also enables its users to download the files and provide feedback by adding comments. Among other functionality are:
- QR-code reader providing access to SkillPill site.
- Registration form allowing users to switch to a registered mode and become regulars via their mobile devices whenever they feel like it.
- Push-notifications that let users see new events and materials as soon as they appear on the site without having to constantly check the site or actively use the application.
- Up-Branding feature helps create a brand identity for users belonging to the same corporate learning community. It displays a proper color palette and logo. Together with that, by typing in a private showcase code, a user gets access to an assortment of learning materials hand-picked for his/her personalized education to align with a corporate learning program.
Choice of technology
Our success at the initial task (building an iPad application) led to further collaboration with the client, who ordered mobile applications for iOS and Android as well as certain functionality extension.
- to enable fashion bloggers to post their articles and monetize them in case of marketing success;
- to assemble posts about fashion trends on one site, which makes it convenient to read, tag, like, search, share, and follow them.
But more importantly, knowing that people attach credence to bloggers’ opinion, CodeTiburon feels we have developed a potent tool to increase brand awareness, which gives fashion startups and small businesses equal footing with world-known brands.
But not with a join-a-game mobile app. Building up a virtual community of football lovers and keeping everyone informed at all times, competing on a global scale - what can be more engaging and stimulating than that!
Tap in for ideas on developing a mobile app to get the ball rolling for football lovers.